Friday 7 December 2012

Are you thinking of buying anything from them?.
Let me tell you about my experience with them, on the 3rd of February 2012 I placed an order for an FCU worth 2585€, it took four months for it to arrive, I thought it was a long time but I supposed they had other orders to attend to before mine, as long as it arrived in one piece and everything was OK I didn’t mind so much, but that was the problem, it arrived in one piece but it certainly wasn’t OK, I counted no less than seven problems that made it useless to work with, OK I thought, I get in touch with Mathias and get it fixed, wishful thinking, I sent him the first email on the 29th of June and an average of four emails every week since that date and today is the 24th of February 2013. I’m still waiting with no hope.

I still have over 21,000€ to spend in products to complete my simulator and I’m really surprise a serious company would turn this down. Maybe this is an isolated case, I would have to look in the net for other cases but just in case if you are thinking of buying anything from them you better get some guaranties.

(Update)
I’ve been looking in the Net to see if other people had similar problems with cockpitsonic and I can tell you now that mine is not an isolated case, a found other cases like mine, and when they send messages to Mathias it also fell in deaf ears. It’s a good way of loosing good customers.
I include a short video of the FCU so you can see some of the faults: retro illumination not working, displays turned opposite way to the potentiometer, panels badly cut, caution warning not working on F.O side, etc.
 
The simulator may look good but if it doesn’t work it’s totally useless.


Update 28 June 2013)

I lost all hope of ever getting an answer from Cockpitsonic, so I’ve giving up, if they don’t want my money, others do. At the beginning of September I will be buying the throttle unit from Virtual Aviation Systems, I discover them a few weeks ago and their products look real nice (http://www.virtualaviationsystems.com/), I will update as soon as I get the unit.

8 comments:

  1. If you used your credit card to pay, your credit card company can do a claim back against disputed goods, especially if you have written evidence that you have tried to solve it (all part of the rules for them taking credit card payments). Shouldn't be too hard to sort out, give the credit card people a call. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx 4 the warning, as I start 2 build mine, this company was on the top list 4 parts...not anymore. They r totally off da list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. try skalarki.co.uk the parts are awesome as the quality .. if u need any feedback marcin (owner from skalarki) will answer you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warning. I placed an order with them for a throttle quadran and it took for ever to hear from this guy. i sent countless emails with no reply. I eventually had to call him only for him to sound as if everything was ok. Even when he eventually shipped the order I had to call him for details which took another three weeks at least. In total I think the order has taken about 5 months even though on the website they say 4 weeks. He even goes future to ship the order the most expensive and complex way you can think of and how I am having a hard time to clear the shipment.....and I dont even want to email him because there will be no reply. Well I learnt my lesson the hard way but guys please dont do the same as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halo everybody
    Thank you for all you comments, I had to tell the world because what cockpitsonic is doing is just not normal, I have finally giving up on them. I should have paid by credit card something I will do next time.
    I found another company that are starting out down in Lisbon (Portugal), there products look very promising, this is their link http://www.virtualaviationsystems.com/ I send them a couple of emails enquiring about their products specially the throttle unit (price only 2200€ compare to 3900€ of cockpitsonic) and they always answered on the same day, and there products are 100% compatible with Project Magenta, in September I will be buying the throttle unit from them, I will let you know how it goes, by the way although the gap for the unit is not the same from the cockpitsonic pedestal to the VAS (they use exact measures) they have no problem in making the panels to fit he gap, ooh yes .
    Thank you for the skalarki link I’m also checking out there products they look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As of this day, I have been waiting over 12 months for my motorized throttle quadrant at a cost of 2499 euros. The order was placed 12th July 2012!
    I actually managed to get an answer from this bloody Mathias moron a couple of months ago to say he remembered the order well and wanted it to come to a good end. After prompting him as to the whereabouts of the product, he informed me it was finished and awaiting a pickup by UPS and that a tracking number would then be emailed forthwith.
    That was a month ago so I have just sent an email demanding a refund in full by the end of the week or I will be taking action against him and his fraudulent company! (watch the forums)
    So cockpit builders BEWARE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well after more prompting and getting more pathetic excuses, the bloody thing arrived after exactly 13 months to the day.
      What a disappointment to find it stuck in a box with only foam sandwich top and bottom, but only foam beads for the sides.
      Sure enough the R/H trim wheel casting has taken a blow and as a result is broken, what a F***ing nightmare!
      I can only hope Mathias will replace the trim wheel SOON!!
      Further to that the said wheel was loose by a full turn.
      Stay well away Guys!!!

      Delete
  7. i did take one from Mathias and really he is shit in dealing with customers ...guys do not ever buy from cockpitsonic they are big liers

    ReplyDelete